A “cookie” is a file which is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies enable a website, among other things, to store and recover information about the habits of users or their device and, depending on the information the cookies contain and the way in which the device uses them, they may be used to recognize users.
Types of cookies
According to the entity that manages them:
- First-party cookies: are those sent to the user’s device from a device managed by the web publisher, from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party Cookies: are those sent to the user’s device from a device which is not managed by the web publisher, but by another entity which processes the data obtained through the cookies.
According to how long they remain active:
- Session Cookies: are a type of cookie designed to gather and store data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent Cookies: with this type of cookie, the data continue to be stored in the device and may be accessed and processed for a length of time determined by the cookie’s data controller.
According to their purpose:
- Technical Cookies: are those that enable users to browse the website, platform or application and use the various options or services that exist within it; for example, monitoring traffic and data exchange, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, recalling the elements that make up an order, applying to register or participate in an event, using security features while browsing, storing content for video or audio streaming, and sharing content on social networks.
- Customization Cookies: are those which enable users to access the service with some general features predefined on their device or defined by users themselves; for example, the language, type of browser used to access the service, design of selected content, device geolocation and settings for the region from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: are those which enable user behaviour on websites to be monitored and analysed. The information collected by this type of cookie is used to measure activity on the websites, application or platform and to develop browsing profiles for users of these sites, in order to make service improvements based on this user behaviour data.
- Advertising Cookies: are those which enable efficient management of the advertising spaces included on the website or application used to provide the service, based on criteria such as the content edited or how frequently the adverts are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: are those which enable efficient management of the advertising spaces included on the website or application used to provide the service. These cookies store information on user behaviour through observation, enabling a specific profile to then be developed in order to display advertising that is tailored to it.
Please note that you can set up your browser to block or accept cookies, or to automatically delete these cookies once the browser, computer or device is shut down.
You can manage cookies in the most popular browsers by following these steps:
- Google Chrome > Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy> Content settings > Cookies.
- Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Custom settings.
- Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced.
- Safari > Preferences > Privacy.
Please also be aware that if you share content from the web portal with friends on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, you may receive cookies from those websites. We cannot control the settings of third-party cookies, so we advise you to consult these third parties’ websites for further information on their cookies and how to manage them.
Cookies used on our website
- wp-settings-time-, wp-settings-: these cookies are used by WordPress to personalize the User Interface. The duration is 1 year.
- wordpress_logged_in_: after the login, WordPress activates the wordpress_logged_in_ cookie, whose function is to indicate when and who you are, being used by the WordPress interface. The duration is per session.
- _ga: This cookie is used to distinguish users. It is a persistent type cookie and has an expiration period of two years.
- _gid: Google Analytics also uses this cookie to distinguish users. It lasts 24 hours.
These cookies are used to collect information about how our visitors use these web pages. All information is collected anonymously and may include data such as the browser being used, number of page views. This information helps us improve this website and your experience when visiting us.
For more information about this type of cookies, you can consult the following links: https://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/types/ and https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
Mailchimp is not affiliated with Privacy Shield and therefore has the European Commission’s approval of an adequacy and level of protection is not required. Privacy Shield guarantees that Mailchimp will comply with minimum security requirements as required by European legislation regarding the processing of personal data. It has a duration of 2 years from the setup. It is a subscriber generator More information.
Updates and changes to the privacy/cookies policy:
Bodega Torre de Oña SL may modify this Cookies Policy, in accordance with legislative or regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt this policy to instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency; Users are therefore advised to visit it periodically.
When significant changes are made to this Cookies Policy, Users will be notified on the website.